Pancreatic Cancer & OGF

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ElainaJ_*

Guest_ElainaJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

On September 7th of this year I posted my first message, asking if anyone had experience with LDN/Alpha Lipoic Acid for treatment for pancreatic cancer (the Berkson protocol). Jackie (aka Carcinoid Warrior) replied to my post and told me about Dr. Ian Zagon. I wanted to first and foremost, thank Jackie for this information. I believe it is saving my husband's life.

Dick is Stage III, locally advanced, inoperable. The tumor is wrapped around the celiac artery (typically a very painful place to have it). He was conventionally treated at MD Anderson (4 chemos + radiation) finishing most treatments in August 2009. However, the cancer returned in January of this year. He is 20+ months since diagnosis.

We have had decent results keeping his cancer at bay with alternative-only treatments since January 2009 (turmeric, Avemar, healthy diet, etc.) However, his CA-19-9 (pancan blood tumor marker) had been rising aggressively starting in September, reaching a peak of 357. Dick began using OGF on October 10, 2010. On October 25th he started the Berkson protocol (intravenous vitamin C, intravenous alpha lipoic acid, supplements, healthy diet). After one week on the OGF, the CA-19-9 stabilized at 362 (yes, it was still up, but at the trajectory it was heading it, it would have been at about 450). Four weeks later, on November 16, 2010, my husband's marker was 106. This is a decline of 71%!

We believe the combination of OGF, Vitamin C infusions and Alpha Lipoic acid infusions are what is having this dramatic affect on my husband's pancreatic cancer. He feels better and his symptoms are subsiding. Time will tell what the future holds, but I personally believe that there is no doubt that this therapy is working. The beautiful thing about it is that there are no negative side effects, and the things Dick is doing are helping his body use its natural defense mechanisms to fight the cancer.

It is expensive as almost nothing is covered by insurance. Of course it is much less expensive than conventional medicine (although insurance will pay for chemo etc.).

Thank you Jackie, thank you Dr. Zagon, thank you Dr. Berkson, thank you Tim Dravis, thank you God!

#2 LDNResearchTrust_admin

LDNResearchTrust_admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thia is amazing.thank you so much for sharing.

I will also copy the post on the cancer testimonials.

Please keep us updated :)

#3 banan

banan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

On September 7th of this year I posted my first message, asking if anyone had experience with LDN/Alpha Lipoic Acid for treatment for pancreatic cancer (the Berkson protocol). Jackie (aka Carcinoid Warrior) replied to my post and told me about Dr. Ian Zagon. I wanted to first and foremost, thank Jackie for this information. I believe it is saving my husband's life.

Dick is Stage III, locally advanced, inoperable. The tumor is wrapped around the celiac artery (typically a very painful place to have it). He was conventionally treated at MD Anderson (4 chemos + radiation) finishing most treatments in August 2009. However, the cancer returned in January of this year. He is 20+ months since diagnosis.

We have had decent results keeping his cancer at bay with alternative-only treatments since January 2009 (turmeric, Avemar, healthy diet, etc.) However, his CA-19-9 (pancan blood tumor marker) had been rising aggressively starting in September, reaching a peak of 357. Dick began using OGF on October 10, 2010. On October 25th he started the Berkson protocol (intravenous vitamin C, intravenous alpha lipoic acid, supplements, healthy diet). After one week on the OGF, the CA-19-9 stabilized at 362 (yes, it was still up, but at the trajectory it was heading it, it would have been at about 450). Four weeks later, on November 16, 2010, my husband's marker was 106. This is a decline of 71%!

We believe the combination of OGF, Vitamin C infusions and Alpha Lipoic acid infusions are what is having this dramatic affect on my husband's pancreatic cancer. He feels better and his symptoms are subsiding. Time will tell what the future holds, but I personally believe that there is no doubt that this therapy is working. The beautiful thing about it is that there are no negative side effects, and the things Dick is doing are helping his body use its natural defense mechanisms to fight the cancer.

It is expensive as almost nothing is covered by insurance. Of course it is much less expensive than conventional medicine (although insurance will pay for chemo etc.).

Thank you Jackie, thank you Dr. Zagon, thank you Dr. Berkson, thank you Tim Dravis, thank you God!

Dear Elaina,

I am new to this site and your story regarding your husband was the first thing that I have read, and I hope your husband is doing fine

my mother is diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer ,we were told they can not do chemo or radiotherapy as she is too weak,
however after she had the jaundice they put a stent inside her pancreas and duodenum and later on with pancreatic stent infection,she
permanently been put on antibiotics,
We have not been given the information about pancreatic tumor marker how can I request these information can you guide me to Berkson protocol
and how to administer all that?
and any other information!
God bless you all
Behroz

#4 boardalan

boardalan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

2 weeks ago. He lives in France. I flew in from California last weekend to visit him. The diagnosis is not good. Like most people with this cancer, it was diagnosed late. The tumor is 7cm and inoperable. And metastized to the liver and peritoneum. Ie. it is stage 4. He never had any symptoms until about 2 months ago. He barely eats or drinks anything anymore. He is 5'11 and 126 lbs as of this morning. He is 67yo and I feel that it should not be his time just yet.
He had his first chemo last week. He is very tired and in a lot of pain, taking morphine. I don't see him lasting more than a few months at this rate, if that.

As a scientist himself (nuclear physicist), I think he would have a very hard time believing in any alternative treatment. I have talked to him about vitamin D repeatedly, for about a year actually on the phone, only asking him to get his level taken. He never did. Right now the doctor only has him taking 400 IU/day. He seems to be blindsided by the doc. I talked to her on the phone and I'm not very impressed - they were unwilling to prescribe anything for his appetite, they are quite happy to wait one week for his next chemo and put him under nutritive IV ...

Anyway, if anybody is aware of any supplement that can help with his condition, preferably documented with unequivocal evidence, I would be glad to hear it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users