1 reply to this topic

#1 LDNResearchTrust_admin

LDNResearchTrust_admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

What can I say about LDN? I am not a physician and know little about pharmacology. I was first directed towards LDN three years ago, shortly after being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease at the age of 52 by a nurse who was also a close relative of a MS sufferer. She had read of its value as a therapy for MS and thought it was well worth my investigating its potential value for Parkinson's Disease sufferers. Having done some research on the internet with the support of a sympathetic consultant I obtained a prescription for LDN and I have taken it ever since.
As to the effects, again I am not able to provide a definitive answer. As we all know, PD is a highly individual complaint, which affects each sufferer in a different manner with a varying spectrum of symptoms. As I have not experimented with a period of abstinence from LDN I have no way of knowing its effect on the progress of my tremor - my main symptom - or whether indeed it has delayed the onset of any other symptoms. But having said that, what I can say with absolute confidence is that I have never experienced any adverse side effects from the medication, and on the principle that what does not harm me might well be beneficial I fully intend to continue taking it. Perhaps this might not sound like the most extravagant endorsement of LDN, but it is an honest assessment - and I suspect that for most of us with PD this is in itself a welcome ray of comfort.

#2 Renee

Renee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Daughter, Pets, Ocean, Gardening flowers, music, computers, online support.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

Bob how are you doing now on LDN Thanks so much!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users