LDN via transdermal cream MAY prevent extra MS stiffness

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_P.J._*

Guest_P.J._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi Linda,

I hope it's okay that I began a new thread for this topic since it concerns important info not relating to the original post.

Below I have cut and pasted the info from a different LDN forum posting that referred to TD LDN and the Doctor who has had success with it. Since this is such a new idea I really appreciate your checking with Dr.s Tom and Bob. Maybe they know or can check with the Dr. McCandless mentioned here. I would LOVE to have an LDN option without stiffness but you're right, I do want it to also be effective!

Also, here are two YouTube links showing Dr. McCandless speaking at The 2006 LDN Conference here in the U.S.:

Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless
part 1:

part2:

=======================================================
Topic: For those whose LDN causes extra stiffness, try... (Read 3,591 times)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TD(Transdermal LDN), a rub on the skin LDN, may not cause extra stiffness for MS'ers caused by oral LDN. Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless has come up with a TD LDN made with Emu oil that absorbs quickly into the bloodstream for her autistic patients.

This TD LDN bypasses the gut and liver(on the first pass) and stiffness usually stems from LDN having to pass through the liver. Stiffness is sometimes experienced by MS patients more often than others with other forms of autoimmune diseases. Why this can happen with MS patients is unknown.

Transdermal Medicine Applications

Formulations diffuse through the skin and enter into the bloodstream, thereby initially bypassing the liver, stomach, and digestive system (called 'first pass'). Many systemic side effects may be diminished or eliminated.

The TD LDN is applied anywhere on the body like stomach, legs, arms. And it's applied between the hours of 9pm and 3am.

========================================================
If the above does not work, try some of Dr. Bob Lawrence's suggestions, see link below.

Low Dose Naltrexone Forum - Dr. Bob Lawrence's fact sheets & more
http://ldn.proboards...=...&thread=786

============================================================
AUTHOR: Larry J Frieders RPh
SUBJECT: Magnesium
DATE: Tue Aug 21, 2007 09:46

Don't forget epsom salts. Yes, it seems old fashion, but often the old remedies help a lot. Espom salt is magnesium sulfate. It IS absorbed through the skin. Magnesium is very helpful in relaxing muscles. Merely soaking the feet will allow magnesium into the body. It feels GOOD - and it is REALLY CHEAP.

Larry J. Frieders, RPh, MMgt, MA

PREVIOUSLY:

Hi
Dr Tom, hasn't any experience of patches but said he would look into it.
Dr Bob said he wouldn't recommend it as he didn't think the LDN would get in the system fast enough to be effective.
Thats all I have for now
Linda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users